Variety of Quality of Life Opportunities
Picture it: A group of friends playing cards in the lounge; a couple of men sitting outside drinking coffee in the gazebo as they talk about world news; exercising to the music of the 50’s; and student volunteers showing seniors how to play the Nintendo Wii. And that’s not all!
The residents of Weinberg Campus find new interests and hobbies in a supportive environment designed to provide the care they deserve. To help our residents maintain and nurture active, independent lives, we provide a variety of individualized and group programming.
Some of the favorites include:
• Live music entertainment
• Exercise classes, tai chi, a walking club, and stretching to help with balance
• Enjoy movies in our new movie theater
• Games like trivia, bingo, Nintendo Wii, scrabble, yahtzee, gin rummy, and table horse racing
• Engaging lectures in the library, including representatives from the Historical Society, Hawk Creek, and Beaver Meadows
• Spiritual programs including, rosary, prayer services, communion, Catholic services, Jewish services and Shabbat dinner
• Outings to lunch and entertainment: Red Lobster, Family Tree Restaurant, shopping trips to Wegmans and Walmart, bowling, Erie Basin Marina, and the Seneca Niagara Casino
• Creative arts that include crafts, painting, and ceramics
• Holiday gatherings for Easter, Passover, Memorial Day, Fourth of July, Thanksgiving, Christmas, Hanukkah, and New Years
• Special themed parties for Chinese New Year, Valentine’s Day, St. Patrick’s Day, Mardi Gras, and Cinco de Mayo
• Activities for memory-impaired, such as memory boxes, reminisce games, Time Slips Storytelling, and the Alzheimer’s Association Memories in the Making
• Friendly Visitor Volunteers for camaraderie, one-on-one games, and intergenerational programs
And we offer an innovative computer program too! Weinberg Campus offers its residents a unique opportunity by participating in a training program called Brain Fitness through the Posit Science Brain Fitness ProgramTM. It focuses on aural processing, which has a strong relationship to memory, understanding and thinking. The program includes a series of scientifically based, fun and engaging exercises performed in a computer classroom.
Weinberg Campus also has numerous clubs and groups that meet regularly and appeal to all different tastes.
In addition to a full social calendar, residents and family members enjoy the neighborhood feeling, including a deli, gift shop, beauty shop, indoor and outdoor walking paths, on-site banking, computer room, and a library. Picture it for yourself and visit Weinberg Campus. We invite you to visit and consider becoming a part of our community. For more information, call our Intake Department at 716-639-3311, ext. 2469.